Thu, May 18|
Relax & Reset
Sleep under the stars and allow the first morning light to wake you as we relax in nature and reset our Circadian Rhythms
Time & Location
May 18, 2023, 10:00 AM – May 21, 2023, 11:00 AM
River Mountain, 3600 Black Valley Rd, Everett, PA 15537, USA
About The Event
This retreat will take place at River Mountain Retreat Center, which is in the heart of The Allegheny Mountains. With 150 acres on campus, bordered by state park and public land, River Mountain guests have access to more than 30,000 acres of undisrupted nature. Retreat participants can explore Sweet Root Creek, Dewey's Pond, Warrior Ridge, expansive meadow views, natural wetland springs and the River Mountain trail loop.
The intention for this retreat is Relax & Reset. Given world and national events of the past couple years, many of us are on edge and out of our regular routines. Mental disorders are becoming commonplace, even among young people. Much of this is due to anxiety, which disrupts our sleep, leading to even pooper mental health. We designed this retreat because we wanted to give everyone the opportunity to take a little time out to Relax & Reset.
Our accommodations were specially designed by award-winning architecture firm GWWO to align with our bodies' natural rhythms, helping us to readjust our circadian rhythms.
Aside from our regular offerings of Vinyasa and Yin classes, our sessions will feature Yoga Nidra classes tailored to our intention of relaxing and resetting our circadian rhythms. Yoga Nidra, aside from being a deeply relaxing experience, is the perfect complement to the optimal light exposure provided by our specially designed accommodations. This is because a healthy sleep cycle depends upon three things:
- Resetting our circadian rhythms with the sun: The human species was meant to work in sync with the rising and setting of the sun. This is a topic that is trending broadly in the media right now, and with good reason. Getting exposure to natural light a few minutes after waking every morning wakes up your circadian clock and tells your brain it is time to be alert and focused. It also signals the brain to know when to fall asleep that evening.
- Yoga Nidra: Yoga Nidra mimics the sleep process and creates its own positive effects. Yoga Nidra has been scientifically shown to increase melatonin production and slow its breakdown. Thus, in the period of sleep following a Yoga Nidra session, the melatonin released will help you not only fall asleep, but stay asleep.
- Optimal bedtime: Ayurveda recommends going to sleep by 10pm. This is because between 10pm and 2am is the most beneficial time for our nervous system to reap the benefits of a good night's sleep
Our retreat programming has been designed with these points in mind to help you truly Relax and Reset.
These formal sessions will be enhanced by the beauty of our surroundings. Being in nature will allow us to truly disconnect from the stresses of daily city and suburban life, allowing us to reset our psyches and relax our bodies and minds. Partaking in activities such as forest bathing, stargazing and fire gazing will allow us to truly unwind.
- Daily yoga, meditation and yoga nidra classes
- Full board
- Happy hours
- Wine Tasting
- Forest Bathing
- Full access to outdoor soaking tubs
- Access to the entire property
- Hiking experience
- Hammock relaxation
- Much, much more!
- Horseback Riding*
*Please scroll down to see details about these optional experiences
We will be GLAMPING in either Glamping Pods or Luxury Yurts. All accommodations have heat, electricity, beds, kitchenette and bathrooms. This is a 21st Century experience with facets of true camping and exposure to nature. In short, a modern version of traditional camping fused with the Niyama elegance and charm.
Glamping POD: $1150per person
Luxury Yurt: $1350 per person
Optional Add Ons
Guided Horseback Trail Ride We’ve partnered with our friends at Horseplay Stables to give you the option of a guided horseback ride during the downtime of your retreat weekend. The $135 includes an hour and a half guided trail ride through a beautiful meadow. The stables are about 30 minutes away and we can have a shuttle service coordinated if need be. Once you’re at the stables you can stroll the property, say hello to the horses or hang by a fire - there’s plenty to do there on top of your horseback trail ride!
60-Minute Full Body Massage Enjoy your 60-minute massage therapy treatment with one of our partner massage therapists. An amazing solution for tension relief and stress reduction. A full body massage typically includes work on the face, jaw, head, neck, back, shoulders, arms, hands, hips, legs and feet. You can decide to spend more time on certain areas than others or omit certain areas altogether; your massage therapist will give you their recommendation of what to work on to help you reach your goals for the session.
Click here to pay the $500 deposit to reserve your space: SIGN UP FOR RETREAT
NOTE: Please read our Terms & Conditions before booking this, or any other, retreat with Niyama Yoga Retreats